Scientific publications are one of the most important activities of research and teaching staff at the Faculty of Electrical and Control Engineering at the Gdańsk University of Technology. Their impact on the parameterization and prestige of the Faculty are important not only in terms of the overall results, but also have a significant impact on the professional development of each employee. Especially scientific publications in a foreign language are an important element of the publication strategy. In order to meet the expectations, each employee of the Faculty may take advantage of the possibility of linguistic proofreading of the written article.
From October 1, 2017, at the Faculty of Electrical and Control Engineering, there is a possibility of linguistic support for faculty employees in the creation of scientific articles in English. Support is provided in the form of translations of articles, corrections of ready-made scientific texts written in English and in the form of language consultations.
Rules for providing support:
- Requests for translations and corrections should be sent to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
- The uploaded file should be editable. Supported formats: *.txt, *.rtf, *.doc, *.docx, *.odt, *.tex
- Depending on the length of the text and the degree of occupancy, a deadline will be set.
- The text will be returned in the form of a *.docx or *.pdf file with corrections applied (in the change tracking mode) and comments (if necessary).
- Additional issues are determined individually for each correction.
- Language consultations are provided by phone (24-02), via email or in person (room 103) from Monday to Thursday from 7:30 to 15.30, on Friday 7:30 to 12:00.